We are collecting up the records for the people and places of the Parish - and will share online where appropriate and allowed. Visitors to the archive are very welcome, preferably by appointment as it is not staffed. We are very very honoured to have been granted permission by General Registrar of Scotland to publish their records - certificates census valuation rolls etc for Ardchattan people .. we are so very grateful.
We obviously cannot afford to buy all of the certificates and records - there are thousands, (see below) so very much welcome donations of scans, of copies (especially digital ones) of any records you have collected of the families of the area, both here and when they left, or before they arrived here. Most records include information about other people, so you will also be paying forward for all the help you receive from our wonderful genealogical world by sharing information that might help others - it also might connect you up with otherwise unknown cousins. (email any donations to ku.gro.nattahcdra|evihcra#ku.gro.nattahcdra|evihcra with your contact details. . and many many thanks.
below are Links to some of the records we are gathering and the numbers of certificates that are available on Scotlandspeople to obtain !
The lists online here are not yet complete, we may have more in the archive here to catalogue yet.
We have been harvesting the indexes to many of these, especially when there is a free offer! but we have many more of the actual records to obtain.
Census (we have a lot of this on A4 paper in the archive, but digital is so much better to decifer and share. The numbers refer only to the Ardchattan census, not where families had moved to ! The numbers vary by movement of people but mostly by the changes in the parish boundaries, especially at the turn of the 1900's.
- 1841 1450 matches. (58 pages) & copy from Freecen site
- 1851 mostly complete & transcribed
- 1861 1380 matches. (56 pages)
- 1871 1169 matches. (47 pages)
- 1881 1395 matches. (56 pages)
- 1891 1252 matches. (51 pages)
- 1901 841 matches. (34 pages)
- 1911 706 matches. (29 pages)
- Parish Records pre 1855 : 1934
- Statutory 1855 onwards : 1797
- Parish Records pre 1855 : 1323
- Statutory 1855 onwards : 329
- Parish Records pre 1855 : 0
- Statutory 1855 onwards : 1785
- valuation rolls : so far 1855 : 1865 : 1875 : 1885 : 1895 : 1905 : 1915 : 1920 : 1925 : 1930