The Archive has a good collection of books that visitors can study.
Here is our book list - we always welcome any further donations
Here is a list of some of the books that we hold digitally and links to locations online that you can read them
- Benderloch William Anderson Smith (and HERE it is on the web archive, various options to download)
- Biographia Philsophica
- Alexander Campbell Fraser
- Archibald Campbell of Inveraray : Records of Argyll
- Places of Argyll - H Cameron Gillies
- Loch Etive and the Sons of Uisnach - R. Angus Smith (1895)
- Deirdre and The Lay of the Children of Uisne translated by Alexander Carmichael 1914
more books as pdfs to sort out. in Ardchattan file - put on disc.
- | Loch Creran: Notes from the West Highlands, William Anderson Smith, published in 1887
- Drummers Luck
- Tait's Edinburgh Magazine 1849
- John Splendid Tale of Poor Gentleman little Wars of Lorn_files
- Instructions to a Son Argyll 1743
- Highland Schottische
- Scottish Exodus Travels - James Hunter
- The Highlands - Ian Finlay
- History of Scotland by Buchanan
- Scottish history society - travels of Pococke
This is the Ardchattan Parish Book published by the Parish Church and still for sale, full of great images and local reminiscences.
Here are some books we would like to have (do you have any suggestions ?
- Scottish Highlanders on the Eve of the Great Migration, 1725-1775: The People of Argyll By David Dobson (to be searched for Ardchattan folk)
- Bonawe Iron Furnace, Author: Geoffrey D Hay : ISBN: 1903570069 : SKU: GOR005117458
Here are also books to be harvest from google books and other online locations
Journeying in MacDougall Country by Walter Macdougall
A History of the Clan Campbell: From origins to Flodden, Volume 1 by Alastair Campbell
Saint Modan of Rosneath a Fragment of Scottish Hagiology Robert Story : A book from 1877 about St Modan .. of Ardchattan, (except he is not, because our Balevaodan is for St Baetan / Baodan, !! ) but it has some great legends and stories of the area.